At A.G. Reed Realty we know these
things are important to you and your return on
investment. The following checklist is the
process that our brokers will provide you in
selling your home.
It is a good idea to devise a plan for selling
your home. The idea is to set goals on how to
achieve the price that is right for your based on
your current loan conditions and how soon you need
your home to sell.
Walk the home with one of our brokers as a
prospective buyer would with their agent. Identify
any repairs that would hinder a prospect from
buying your home. Things to pay close attention to
are the following:
- Flooring- carpet cleaning and polishing wood
flooring goes a long way
- Plumbing fixtures- fix leaking faucets
- Lighting fixtures- replace out dated light
- Heating and ventilation systems- service all
units and change filters
- Doors and windows – make sure all doors and
windows function properly
- Interior paint- a nice neutral color helps
buyers imagine how they would decorate
- Exterior paint – make sure exterior paint is
properly touched up
- Outdoor drainage systems – look for blocked
drainage that may raise eyebrows on a rainy
- Roof – inspect for any indication that your
roof needs repairs or replacement
Let us help you set a realistic price. You want
your home to sell in a timely fashion, and not
make buyers speculate on why it is just sitting on
the market. Through hiring us we will help you
with the following
- Check sales prices of comparable homes.
- Consider getting a home appraisal.
- Know whether it’s a buyer’s or a seller’s
- Settle on a price based on research and
- Advertise with "for sale" signs, print
listings, and/or online listings.
- Obtain necessary purchase contract forms.
- Decide your contingencies and other terms of
- Show the house through open houses and
- Negotiate an offer. (You may want your
attorney and Realtor review the offer before
you sign the contract.)
- Sign purchase contract with buyer.
We will assist you in the
- Choose an escrow company or lawyer, as
appropriate, to administer the closing.
- Deliver the legally required disclosure
documents to the buyer.
- Meet required inspections.
- Receive loan commitment letter from buyer.
- Obtain title report (through escrow company
or closing agent).
- Meet all other contingencies and legal
- Sign escrow instructions.
- Arrange to pay off the existing mortgage(s).
- Pay all closing fees.
Whether you are selling your
first home or your last, it is important to hire a
REALTOR© that has extensive knowledge of local
market and economic trends, marketing expertise,
and negotiation experience.